More information about our grade level programs.
Topics of Study – Click to expand
- Literature: History from the year 1400 to 1700 is covered and topics include the Age of Exploration, Age of Discovery, Reformation and Renaissance.
- English and Grammar: Review all grammar, essays, comparisons, poetic forms, vocabulary and spelling.
- Math: Algebra, practical applications, area, powers and roots.
- Science: Chemistry, Physiology, Physics and Astronomy.
- Geography: Geography of Africa and Europe.
- Foreign Language: Spanish and German language studies continue with reading, conversation, poetry and advanced grammar.
- Music: Continued practice on the alto and tenor recorders as well as choir, orchestra and Renaissance music.
- Art and Handwork: Watercolor painting, geometric drawing, felting, perspective drawing and woodworking.
- Physical Education: Softball, basketball, kickball, gymnastics, volleyball and football.
- Literature: History from the year 1700 to Present Day is covered and topics include United States history, the industrial revolution and comparative biographies.
- English and Grammar: Continue reviewing all grammar, newspaper reporting, business and practical writing.
- Math: Algebra and practical applications.
- Science: Chemistry, anatomy/physiology and physics.
- Geography: Geography of Asia and Antarctica is the focus along with world geography.
- Foreign Language: Spanish and German language studies are a continuation of previous grades with more vocabulary building, dialogue, grammar and syntax.
- Music: Alto and tenor recorders, choir, orchestra, symphonic form and American music.
- Art and Handwork: Solid geometric drawing, charcoal drawing, art history and watercolor painting.
- Physical Education: Softball, basketball, kickball, gymnastics and volleyball.