We have created a list of our favorite websites, links and books. As we come across new information we will update our list so check back often! “Knowledge is power. Information is liberating. Education is the premise of progress, in every society, in every family.”- Kofi Annan
Links, Resources and Reading Lists
Websites on Waldorf Education
- Why Waldorf Works, the website of AWSNA (Association of Waldorf Schools of North America) – “Everything You Need to Know about Waldorf Education”
- Waldorf Answers
- Americans for Waldorf Education
Websites on Waldorf Parenting
- The Child Today -Articles by counselor Kim John Payne
- Waldorf in the Home “The Wisdom of Waldorf”- by Rahima Baldwin Dancy, Mothering Mar/Apr 2004
- Alliance for Childhood – Research and Advocacy
Websites on Rudolf Steiner and Anthroposophy
- The Online Waldorf Library – Offers many articles of interest on many topics.
- The Waldorf Journal Project
- We Strive – Provides a community platform for anthroposophically-inspired political, economic and social approaches to today’s world issues.
Our Favorite TED Talks
- Supporting the Whole Child for the Whole World – TEDX Bend – WSB’s own Moe Anderson
- How Schools Kill Creativity – Sir Ken Robinson makes an entertaining and profoundly moving case for creating an education system that nurtures (rather than undermines) creativity.
- Bring on the Learning Revolution – Sir Ken Robinson In this poignant, funny follow-up to his fabled 2006 talk, Sir Ken Robinson makes the case for a radical shift from standardized schools to personalized learning — creating conditions where kids’ natural talents can flourish.
Please use AmazonSmile to order these books. Some may be found in our library.
- Education towards Freedom – Floris Books
This book covers all aspects of Waldorf education, dividing it into the preschool years, the first eight years (starting about age seven), and the last four years (from ages fourteen to eighteen).
- You Are Your Child’s First Teacher — Rahima Baldwin
Practical introduction to early childhood development for parents.
- Beyond the Rainbow Bridge: Nurturing Our Children from Birth to Seven – Barbara Patterson
- Simplicity Parenting — Kim John Payne
Using the Extraordinary Power of Less to Raise Calmer, Happier, and More Secure Kids
- Teaching as a Lively Art — Marjorie Spock
Examines the child from birth through the thirteenth year, with emphasis on the grades-school years and grade-school education.
- Understanding Waldorf Education: Teaching from the Inside Out — Jack Petrash
This book provides an explanation of the curriculum’s three fold approach in Waldorf schools.
- Lifeways: Working with Family Questions — Gudrun Davy and Bons Voors
A resource book for parents and those involved in adult support groups, about family life and being a parent, from discussions with Waldorf kindergarten families and teachers.
- School as a Journey: The Eight-Year Odyssey of a Waldorf Teacher and His Class — Torin M. Finser
A Waldorf class teacher describes his journey with his class, from first grade through the eighth in a Waldorf school.
School Immunization Rates
Please click on the following link to review the January 2015 school vaccination rates for WSB: http://public.health.oregon.gov/PreventionWellness/VaccinesImmunization/GettingImmunized/Pages/SchResources.aspx